@childrens lawyer

Latest posts

Intervenors in Care Proceedings

Posted: 29 April

In care proceedings, the parties are usually the Local Authority who made the application to court, the parents of the child and the child themselves. Who will be represented by an independent professional called the Guardian. Sometimes other people...

Posted in:

Grandparents rights with Social Services

Posted: 16 February

Unless you have Parental Responsibility for your grandchild through a Child Arrangements Order or Special Guardianship Order, then you are not automatically involved in care proceedings concerning your grandchild. Social Services, also known as the Local Authority, may have...

Posted in:

Social Services and the Emergency Removal of Children

Posted: 07 February

Social Services may be applying to the Court for an Order to protect your child in an emergency. Social Services have duties to protect all children in their area. If they believe your child is at immediate risk of...

Posted in:

Can Social Services take my child?

Posted: 14 December

Social Services, known as the Local Authority, will only be able to remove your child if one of the following apply: They have your consent; or They obtain a Court Order known as an Emergency Protection Order which can...

Posted in:

Public Law Outline Meetings with Social Services

Posted: 09 December

What is a Public Law Outline meeting? A Public Law Outline meeting, or “PLO” meeting is the name Social Services, also known as the Local Authority, give to a meeting to discuss a child’s welfare. This is also sometimes...

Posted in:

Suspended Sentences

What is a Suspended Sentence? A suspended sentence is a custodial sentence where the...

- 07 June 2024

Deprivation of Liberty Applications within Family Proceedings

“Liberty” is a right conferred by Article 5 of the European Convention of Human...

- 07 June 2024

The Leasehold and Freehold Reform Act 2024

Everything there is to know about The Leasehold and Freehold Reform Act 2024 In...

- 07 June 2024